Shrimp Chupe Recipe
A good shrimp suckling recipe can work as a first and second dish. It is an abundant meal that yields for many portions, so if you have many diners, you can leave them all happy with this preparation.
The shrimp suck is one of the most popular dishes. emblematic of Peruvian cuisine. It is also one of the most assimilated in other countries to become virtually their own.
It is one of my favorite soups. But it has to be well done. For example, those who do in Venezuelan restaurants do not like me.
The best suckers I have eaten at the house of Peruvian friends in Caracas and Madrid, or restaurants in Lima, Peru. And always shrimp. There is also Chicken Suck, and it is very delicious.
Shrimp Chupe Recipe
The ingredients you'll need are (4 people):
- Half a kilo of fresh shrimp (the shells are essential, with them you will make broth.)
- A cup of evaporated milk or cream of milk.
- Andean potatoes, or those you have. Calculate 1 medium-small size per person.
- A piece of white cheese, with 150 or 200 grams is enough.
- 2 or 3 ears of corn split into wheels. I thin beak, about 1 cm.
- 2 garlic cloves ground.
- 1 large tomato.
- 1 large onion.
- 4 liters of water - Substitute half of this measure with shrimp broth (the one that I tell you what you do with the shells and heads of the animal). The more broth, the better.
- A handful of rice.
- Eggs (1 per person)
- Coriander leaves.
- One pinch of oregano.
- Salt and pepper.
- And if it provokes you, average Peruvian yellow pepper.
- Chop the onion, tomato, chili and garlic in squares. Sofríelos in a large pot.
- Then add 4 liters of water (includes shrimp broth) and ears. Boil for a while.
- When the corn is soft add the rice, potatoes, salt, pepper and oregano. Again let cook, and when the potato is almost ready, add the shrimp.
- Finally, a few minutes later, add the chopped cheese in small squares, the whole eggs trying not to break the yellow and, just when Remove the pot from the fire, add the milk (either cream or evaporated). Be careful not to incorporate it in full cooking because it is cut and you spoil everything.
- When serving add coriander leaves and if it provokes you, you can put this shrimp suckling recipe with a little yellow pepper chopped into strips.
Other recipes of Peruvian food that you might like
If the Shrimp Chupe was delicious, I highly recommend you try some of these recipes Peruvian food:
- Recipe to make Chaufa Rice
- Peruvian Salted Loin
- Peruvian Seafood Rice
- Ají de Ají Recipe Hen
- Peruvian Ceviche Recipe
Delicious truth? Share with your friends using the respective social media buttons 🙂